Özgeçmiş - Prof. Dr. Kuyaş Buğre
- 1986 PhD, Department of Biology, University of California, Los Angeles, USA.
- 1975 Higher Licence in Biology, Hacettepe University, Ankara, Turkey.
Honors and Awards
- 1992-1993 Servie, Research Fellowship
- 1990-1991 Ipsen Foundation, Research Fellowship
- 1989-1990 Fondation Recherche Medical, Research Fellowship
- 1988-1989 INSERM, Poste Vert
- 1987-1988 Fight for Sight Foundation, Postdoctoral Fellowship
- 1986-1987 Retinitis Pigmentosa Foundation, Postdoctoral Fellowship
- 1982-1986 NATO Graduate Fellowship
- 1980-1982 Chancellor's Patent Fund Research Grant
- June 2002 - 2015 - Chair, Department of Molecular Biology and Genetics, Bogaziçi University.
- 1994 - present - Full Professor,Bogaziçi University Department of Molecular Biology and Genetics, Istanbul.
- 1982-1986 - Teaching Associate, Department of Biology, UCLA, Los Angeles. Genetics, Molecular Biology.
- 1982 - Visiting Professor, Chapman College, Los Angeles.
- 1980-1982 - Teaching Assistant, Department of Biology, UCLA, Los Angeles.
- 1975-1977 - Teaching Assistant, Department of Biology, Middle East Technical University, Ankara.
- 1994- Study of the expression fibroblast growth factor, fibroblast growth factor receptor, neurotrophin, neurotrophin receptor gene families during development of mammalian retina. FGF signal transduction pathway in rat retina. Bogaziçi University.
- 1991-1993 Analysis of the expression of fibroblast growth factors, their receptors and the transcription factors during experimentally induced epilepsy. INSERM U. 29.
- 1988-1991 Study of the acidic fibroblast growth factor gene and its expression in normal and mutant rats. INSERM U. 118.
- 1986-1988 Cloning and the analysis of photoreceptor cell specific genes. Neurophyschiatric Institute, UCLA.
- 1977-1986 Identification and cloning of the surface antigens of Schistosoma mansoni. Department of Biology, UCLA.