Resume - Prof. Dr. Aslı TOLUN
- BS in Physics, Robert College (currently Boğaziçi University), Istanbul, Turkey (1971).
- MS in Biophysics, Pennsylvania State University, USA (1973).
- PhD in Scientific Microbiology, Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden (1979).
- Teaching assistantship in Physics, Robert College, 1970-71.
- Teaching assistantship in Biophysics, Penn State, 1971-72.
- Swedish Institute guest scholarship, 1973-76.
- Uppsala University graduate study fellowship, 1976-78.
- Damon Runyon-Walter Winchell Cancer Research Fund, 1979-81.
- Rockefeller Biotechnology Career Fellowship, 1986-89.
- Post Doctoral Fellow, Biology Department, University of California San Diego, 1979-82.
- Assistant Professor, Biology Department (currently Department of Molecular Biology and Genetics), Boğaziçi University, Istanbul, Turkey, 1982-84.
- Associate Professor, Biology Department, Boğaziçi University, 1984-89.
- Full Professor, Department of Molecular Biology and Genetics, Boğaziçi University, 1989- 2016 (retired)
- Chair, Department of Molecular Biology and Genetics, Boğaziçi University, 1996-2002.
- Scientific and Technical Research Council of Turkey (TUBITAK): junior researcher award, 1984.
- Boğaziçi University Senior Researcher Award, 1999 and 2011.
- Turkish Academy of Sciences (until Nov 2011).
- Science Academy (Dec 2011 - January 2013)
- Muscular Dystrophy Association of Turkey
- Turkish Biophysics Association
- European Molecular Biology Organization
Other Academic Activities
- Council member of the Turkish Academy of Sciences (5.1999-6.2000, 4.2003-11.2005, 6.2007-6.11).
- Member of TUBITAK Basic Sciences Research Group (8.2004 - 4.2005).
- Boğaziçi University Committee on Research with Human Participants, founding chair (2003 - 2006).
- Academic Advisor for Boğaziçi University Student Science Club (1983 - 2012).
- BU representative in the Istanbul Governor's Human Rights Council (2005 - )
- BU member of Honorary Academic Titles and Service Council (2014-2016 )
- L'Oreal Women In Sciences national program founding president (2001-2012)