Resume - Assoc. Prof. Dr. Arzu ÇELIK
- 1996 - 2002 Doctor of Philosophy in Genetics
under supervision of Prof. Dr. S.I. Korsching
University of Cologne, Institute for Genetics, Cologne, Germany
Restricted and Complementary Expression Patterns of Eph Receptors and Ephrin Ligands Define Potential Interaction Sites in the Embryonic and Adult Olfactory System of Zebrafish, Danio Rerio.
- 1994 - 1995 Master of Science in Molecular Biology and Genetics
Under supervision of Prof. Dr. B. Kırdar
Boğaziçi University, Department of Molecular Biology and Genetics
Studies on the Molecular Analysis of Turkish BMD/DMD Patients.
- 1989 - 1994 Bachelor of Science in Biology
Rank: 3rd best GPA
- 2002 - 2007 Post-Doctoral Research in Prof. Claude Desplan Lab
New York University, Center for Developmental Genetics, New York, USA
Establishment of a novel piggybac enhancer-trap screen for photoreceptor differentiation
Control of stochastic choice between two cell fates: role of spineless
Role of iroquois-complex genes in receptor exclusion.
- 2002 Visiting Scientist in Dr. Michael Coleman Lab
University of Cologne, Zentrum für Molekulare Medizin, Cologne, Germany
- 1996 - 2000 Ph.D. fellowship from the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD)
- 2008 Turkish Academy of Sciences, Young Investigator Award (TÜBA-GEBIP)
- since 2002 Genetics Society of America (GSA)
since 2004 Turkish-American Scientists and Scholars Association (TASSA)
- Boğaziçi University Research Fund 2007, 07HB110
- Role of iroC in olfactory receptor gene choice in the maxillary palp.
- TÜBİTAK Career Grant 2007, 107T775
- EMBO Installation Grant, 2007
- TÜBA-GEBİP, 2008